I drove in late last night with Steve Cox, my better half in the office at Heritage. We chatted the whole drive – just us, the heavy rain, and two mobiles charging & blasting 3G most of the 4 hour trip. Driving late…but worth being here for year two of Symposium.
We were in bed well after 1a.m. – far too late for this Daddy of two young girls. Yet, this a.m. I was up with gusto at 5:30…just waiting for the day…waiting for the next three days…waiting to update this resource – an organic GoogleDoc inviting this:
- A Christian Teacher Network – #XNED
- A Book List for #21stedu
- A Moblie App List for #21stedu
Gearing up for Symposium this past week and being up early this am makes me think of the goals I have for the next three days. Having just finished a re-read of The 7 Habits, I am seeing Habits 1-2-3 (Be Proactive, Begin With The End in Mind, Put First Things First) in action daily. Building these goals on the front-end will hopefully help see them come to realization on the back-end.
So, as I see them right now, here are a few goals for the next three weeks…that will continue to be worked out over the next year:
- To continue to network with fellow #xned teachers/admin/thinkers – in person, new people to follow on Twitter, and new blogs to begin following
- To glean as many new people, books, and apps on this GoogleDoc – my PLN for the next year
- Last but not least, to begin shaping my own answer to the question, “What is the role of the Christian School, and specifically, Heritage Christian School, in the lives of families & students in our community?”
What are your goals for #21stedu?
Edit at the end of Day 2: To quote Pippa Davies on the dialogue & info shared today, “My head hurts…in a good way!”